Saturday, January 25, 2014

Urban Decay Reviewage Part Deux: Naked Lipgloss

As promised, a review for the new Naked lipgloss line from Urban Decay. The line is made up of barely there natural colored shades. The shade range includes Walk of Shame, Nooner, Lovechild, Liar, Streak, Naked, Beso, Freestyle, and my favorite named of the line, Rule34. (I wonder if there is a rule 34 of Rule34 yet?) The sample I received was of Naked. UD describes this color as "nude-pink with pearly pink shift."
Look at that packaging. I'm utterly enchanted with the image of the model. 

True to description, it does have an every so slight pearlescent sheen. The pink tone didn't show up much on my lips. I think it might show up a little better on a darker skin tone. Of course, this is meant to compliment the Naked III eyeshadow palette for an overall more natural look. I'm a more pigmented sort of girl. I would have preferred to try a gloss with at least a hint of color to it like Beso. Naked was more of an equivalent of rocking a clear gloss with a pearly sheen. The taste and smell aren't unpleasant. The texture is smooth. Tacky like any other gloss is, but not more or less than you'd expect of any gloss. If you're into a nude lip this may just be for you.
Wearing Naked lipgloss.
My tiny kewpie doll mouth with Naked

Has anyone else tried the Naked Lipgloss line? Thoughts? Feelings? Criticisms?

No comments:

Post a Comment