Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Urban Decay Reviewage:Revolution Lipstick, 24/7 Liner, Lip Primer

If you're a shopper of Urban Decay directly sometimes they're lovely and send you a coupon for a free eyeliner on your birthday. With that and a leftover gift card I took the opportunity to grab a few things I had been eying in the digital shop window. My haul: 24/7 glide-on eyeliner in "Vice" (Royal purple), Revolution lipstick in "Shame" (Dark berry wine), lip primer, and a free sample of their upcoming Naked lipgloss.

Urban Decay lip primer
Their new packaging is a little more sleek. The new lipstick box is made of recycled material. (Yay!) Previously, they packaged in plastic instead of cardboard. Greener and vegan-friendly.

urban Decay Revolution lipstick in "Shame."
First, I'll start off with the lip primer.  I expected it to be a bit drying based on what it was and a few  reviews I read on the Urban Decay website. It goes on fairly smoothly. I feel like I'm putting on a lip balm. In fact, it does have sunscreen and vitamin E in it. I have only tried it with the new Revolution lipstick on top. I'm not sure if it's the liner or the lipstick, but it didn't have a real lasting staying power. It seemed to help marginally with feathering without the aid of a lipliner, but I wasn't wowed. I'm glad this was an item I bought on sale. It was a product I wanted to try, but I would have regretted paying $20+ for it. Overall, I'd say this is something that needs a formula tweak. Good idea. Not nearly as invaluable as as their eyeshadow primer potion.

On to the Revolution lipstick. They kicked the dagger packaging to the curb. I'm sure a lot of people are happy about that. Personally, I didn't mind the clunkiness because it just looked so damn cool. When examining the lipstick itself you'll notice there isn't a whole lot of product for a $22 lipstick. However, it goes on thick and very pigmented. "Shame," the shade I bought, is a deep berry/wine red. It's a rich, deep red without veering into the brown territory. It was exactly what I thought it was. It didn't seem to have much staying power on me, nor did it stain my lips. It doesn't last nearly as long as say, a lipstain or matte Mac lipsticks.

Wearing "Shame" on my birthday dinner.
And finally the 24/7 eye pencil. "Vice" is a true cool royal purple. It goes on creamy and smooth. Nothing but good things to say about it.

I have yet to try the Naked lipgloss sample. Expect updates when I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment