Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Limecrime's Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Primer Review + A Surprise At My Doorstep

Recently a friend of mine had poor luck with Lime Crime's Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper. She didn't like it, but offered it to me since I just ran out of my darling Urban Decay Primer Potion  (Read my love letter to UD PP.) and for the benefit of my lovely readers.
I will be posting my personal experience with the Candy Eyed primer, as well as my friends' reasons for not enjoying it. (I am nothing if not fair and balanced!)
The Helper in action.

Now, my friend was used to the Mac primer. I have no experience with it, but I imagine it's similar to UD as I was told it has a similar foundation-like consistency. Her objections were that Lime Crime's primer was too glue-like, and it was difficult to blend. Taking her advice into consideration, I applied a very small amount to my eyelids when I tried this out. I also applied it ONLY to the area I wanted eyeshadow to adhere. I didn't seem to experience any problems using this method. I didn't try and do too much blending as I was applying only one color. The color I applied, Aromaleigh's "fragile charms" mineral eyeshadow, definitely popped in a way I hadn't seen before. The primer made the subtle purple shimmer in the shadow pop. It stayed on through an entire shift at work lifting heavy things, bending, moving, and other activities that tend to smudge eye makeup.
Primed eye


Overall, I enjoyed this product. The packaging is adorable, it lasts throughout the day, and it extends the wear of eyeshadow. If you are vigilant about overuse, and you want a product that makes eyeshadow stay PUT then I would recommend it.

Some of you may be wondering what the "surprise at my doorstep" bit was about in the title of this post. Well, I recently connected with the author of the Becoming That Woman blog. We chatted about societal beauty standards, how we like to defy them, and of course shiny pretty things that go on our faces. It turns out she was cleaning house of a few palettes that she kindly offered to me. Last night after work I came home to a HUGE FRIGGIN BOX OF MAKEUP. Palettes, brushes, the works. Thank you Gwen! I look forward to sharing my reviews of everything. This might take a while...
It's okay. I know you envy my box.


No comments:

Post a Comment